Buchanan Rees Dispute Lawyers is hiring!
We are looking for a full-time commercial litigation lawyer with 1 to 2 years PQE to join our busy boutique litigation practice in the Sydney CBD.
We act in commercial disputes for predominantly blue-chip clients, private corporations and high net worth individuals.
Our particular areas of expertise are commercial property, financial services, insolvency and white-collar crime.
We pride ourselves on our technical excellence and client service ethos.
You will work directly with our senior legal team, including 2 partners who have combined experience of over 40 years and backgrounds in national top tier law firms and a Senior Associate also with a national top tier law firm background. Our senior legal team have various legal directory rankings, including in “The Best Lawyers in Australia”.
- experience in a busy commercial litigation practice
- knowledge of practice and procedure in the Supreme Court of NSW and Federal Court of Australia
- an ability to work on multiple matters with competing deadlines
- strong technical legal ability
- analytical skills backed by a solid academic record
- excellent attention to detail
- a willing team player who works efficiently
- the ability to draft legal documents including pleadings, affidavits and advice.
While you will work under supervision, you will also be given autonomy and will be expected to take “ownership” of your work. You will engage directly with clients and Counsel. You will also be asked to collaborate with other team members and, on occasion, to appear in Court.
You will receive career guidance and mentoring and the opportunity to gain experience across a range of matters. This role is suitable for a lawyer who wishes to further their career in a dedicated boutique litigation practice.
To express your interest, please email your CV and academic transcript to email@example.com